Corporate Social Responsibility is a strategic value driver embedded in decision making processes. As a member of Intesa Sanpaolo we share dedication to achieving business accomplishments in socially responsible manner, with the constant care for the local community, client and employee satisfaction, having minimum environmental impact.
We are aware of the fact that success in business is not only measured by financial results but, in today's modern society, it equally implies activities in the field of social responsibility and contribution to sustainable development.
Corporate values which are incorporated into our daily business include commitment to clients, teamwork, innovation and expertise, reliability and accountability, ethics and transparency. We strive to create a society that cares for the needs and capabilities of all its members.
Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH has an integrated approach to corporate social responsibility striving to embed it into core business.
In our endeavors we are guided by following values, principles and policies:
- Code of Ethics
- Ten principles of UNDP Global Compact
- Anti-Armament Policy
- Environmental Policy
We pursue our goals with honesty, fairness and responsibility, in full and true respect of the rules and professional ethics and in the spirit of signed agreements.
We set ourselves the goal of continuous improvement, forward thinking, anticipating challenges, and fostering creativity aimed at innovation, both recognising and rewarding merit.
We are committed to making transparency the basis of our actions, advertising and contracts, in order to allow all our stakeholders to make independent and informed decisions.
Respect for specific qualities
It is our intention to combine large-scale operations with profound local roots and to be a bank with a broad vision, without losing sight of individuals.
We are committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination from our conduct and to respecting differences in gender, age, ethnic origin, religion, political and union persuasions, sexual orientation, language or disability.
Values of the individual
The value of each single person is a guide for our modus operandi: we use listening and dialogue as tools to continuously improve our relationships with all of our stakeholders.
Responsibility in the use of resources
We aim to use all of our resources attentively, promoting behaviour based on resource optimisation and avoiding waste and ostentation, and we give priority to choices that take sustainability into account.
Working with stakeholders
The strengthening of confidence and improvement of relationships with all parts of society which interact with the Bank is a prerequisite for the continuous improvement of our operations. In all we do, our goal is to meet the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, from care for the needs of our clients, employees, development of the local communities in which we are active, care for environmental protection, to creating new value for shareholders.
With our stakeholders we maintain open, two-way communication:
- We inform our stakeholders systematically through the following channels: press conferences, press releases, interviews and media guest appearances, advertising and on-line channels (internet, newsletter, Facebook, etc). We regularly report on the Bank’s operations through annual reports. All information related to the operations of Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH is available to clients by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org and a free phone line on 080 020 307.
- We regularly follow external market research, undertake monitoring and our own research into employee satisfaction and focus groups.
One of the basic prerequisites of our operations is confidence – the confidence we give through credit and the confidence we receive through savings. This is an extremely important process, not just for the functioning of the bank itself but for the entire market and the economy. Confidence is the result of long-term and quality relationships with our clients built on dialogue, transparent operations and the quality of our products and services.
In order to improve our relationships with our clients:
- We have made many channels of communication available – from a broad network of branches for direct contact, our website, e-mail, a free info phone, direct mailing, promotion materials, Facebook page etc.
- We have improved our system of managing complaints, which we endeavor to resolve promptly and in which we see opportunities to improve
- We are dedicated to systematic assessment of client satisfaction through a range of research which helps us create products according to the wishes and needs of various groups of clients
- And we always support innovative solutions which result in new products, in order to contribute to the development of the society we live in
- “Listening 100%” - program, developed in accordance with the methodology of the European customer satisfaction index, includes permanent and continuous monitoring and measuring of customers’ satisfaction with the banking products and services for the purpose of improvement of the service quality and increase in clients’ satisfaction. Listening to our clients helps us to get a better knowledge and understanding of our clients’ needs so that we can respond in the best possible way, thus creating even better conditions for establishment of long-term partnerships.
To attain our business goals it is necessary to have satisfied and motivated employees. They are the ones who are responsible for the development of the company and are a key factor in the success of our operations. Therefore at Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH, activities are constantly being developed to encourage and motivate employees. Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH thoroughly plans the development and training of its employees, invests in creating a pleasant working environment and endeavors to make it possible to fulfill the professional ambitions of each individual.
The internal communication system is very well developed and available to all employees through a variety of channels: Intranet, e-mail, internal magazine “Made in bank”, and different internal initiatives that involve employees and encourage their artistical and sport affinites through different competitions.
Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH gives its shareholders and the financial public timely, clear and objective information on its operations through all available channels and documents (Annual and periodical Reports, Company Profile, Review of activities in the area of social responsibility,web page, press releases, various presentations).
Suppliers and partners
The basic goal of improving the system of procurement is to build long-term relationships with suppliers and partners. Cooperation is deepened to our mutual satisfaction through dialogue and exchange of know-how, as well as through a professional approach and strict respect for rules and procedures.
Intesa Sanpaolo Banka BiH is active throughout the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina. In its operations we take account of the different desires and needs of the local communities and contributes to their development through the active engagement of its regional branches.
The Bank is open to cooperation and dialogue with not-for-profit organizations and NGOs and willingly responds to initiatives which contribute not only to the economic but also the social and cultural growth of this country.
During the construction and reconstruction of the Bank premises we use systems and equipment with low energy consumption. In accordance with the regulations on environmental protection and waste removal Bank is concerned about eliminating waste that is dangerous for the environment, such as the toner, neon bulbs, hazardous chemicals from scanners and microfilm devices and other hazardous wastes.
Reducing paper consumption is achieved by the introduction of multiple devices, as employees are instructed to print on both sides of the paper.
Hazardous waste such as ink cartridges are sorted separately and collected by contracting company.
Improvement of the environmental sustainability of internal and external communications events, training courses and other associated events is regulated by Rules governing the sustanability in the organisation of communications events and training courses.